NETest® Sample Preparation
PROTOCOL FOR BLOOD COLLECTION AND TRANSCRIPT ANALYSIS
- 2 x 5ml collections (peripheral blood) in EDTA-tubes (purple top) (n=2)
- After collection thoroughly mixed (inverting)
- Can be stored on ice up to 2 hours before processing
- Optimally processing is immediate as follows
- Freeze one EDTA-tube (Whole Blood Sample) (-80°C)
- Spin second tube (300-500g) for 10 min to separate plasma
- Plasma (0.5-1ml) should be removed and placed into a labeled plastic capped tube e.g., 1.5 ml eppendorf or equivalent (any plastic capped tube) and frozen
Blood for transcript analysis (n=1 EDTA tube: WHOLE BLOOD) – samples stored at -80°C.
Plasma for alternative comparator assays (n=1 plastic tube: PLASMA SAMPLE) – samples stored at -80°C.
FROZEN samples (2 per patient: whole blood (x1 in 5ml EDTA-tube); plasma (x1 in plastic tube) should be sent by courier (e.g. FedEx) on dry ice, to Wren for analysis. Please note:
- A minimum of 10 lbs (4.54 kg) dry ice is needed.
- Dry ice and samples should be placed in a polystyrene box and then into a cardboard box.
- Cardboard box requires standard FEDEX label as well as dry ice sticker (see FEDEX details – pg2-3)
DO NOT SHIP ANY SAMPLES ON A FRIDAY!!!
35 NE Industrial Road, Suite B100
Branford CT 06405